To restore dignity and hope to the economically vulnerable residents of West Muskoka.
Recognizing the teaching of Jesus in Matthew25 to feed the poor, we desire to do our part in bringing the Kingdom to earth by responding to the need of our neighbours for food security.
- We respect the dignity of our clients, volunteers, and benefactors, seeking to encourage each one to fulfil the full potential that God intended for them.
- We desire to follow the teachings of Jesus to honour God by loving our neighbours, supporting them physically, mentally, and spiritually. We welcome people of all faiths, or no faith at all to join us in this endeavor.
- We are honoured to serve people regardless of race, religious faith, gender, social status, or sexual orientation.
- We endeavor to conduct the affairs of the corporation ethically and above reproach.
- We respect the laws of the land and endeavour to uphold them to the best of our ability.
- We are in solidarity with sister organizations that are engaged in social justice issues.
- We not only respond to physical need, but act as advocates for the disempowered in our society.
- Food Bank: Our initial service is the provision of a food bank to serve the residents of West Muskoka. There is no means test. All those who feel the need for assistance are welcome. We respect their confidentiality and only require their name, community, phone number and numbers of adults and children requiring assistance. Our hours of operation are presently weekly on Thursdays from 6:00 to 8:00 pm and Fridays from 9:00-11:00 am and by appointment. We have 2 volunteers always present to welcome and assist clients
- Hope Community Garden: There is a vegetable garden on the front lawn of the church where members of the public are invited to cultivate individual plots of land in order to grow food for their personal use, or to donate fresh produce to the food bank.
- Community Kitchen: We are presently exploring the feasability of establishing a kitchen co-operative where an under-employed cook with personal experience with poverty is hired one day a week to provide instruction to clients on the economical purchase of healthy food and the preparation of nutritious meals.
- Atmosphere: Each program is to be bathed in an atmosphere of mutual care and compassion in which the love of Jesus becomes incarnate in the world. He is present, honoured, and offered in a gentle, respectful manner. People are served and loved regardless of their response to this offer.