We appreciate support in any form – financial or food. However if you are giving food, here are some tips which will ensure that your donation will do the most good.
- Canned, tinned and dried foods with a long use-by date are most valued. Canned meat is particularly appreciated.
- People don’t always have can openers, so cans with pull-tabs are very handy.
- Fruits and Vegetables are important in everyone’s diet, but we currently don’t have the facility to store fresh food. If you would like to donate fresh food please bring it to the food bank Friday am from 9:00-10:00 am.
- Other basic products such as cereal, coffee, tea and toiletries (soap, detergent, toilet paper etc) are also needed.
- Smaller packages are easier to distribute.
- Good quality boxes and bags come in very handy
If in doubt about what food to donate, please give us a call: 705 644 0684
Food donations can be made at the following locations and will be picked up every 2-3 days:
- Foodland, Port Carling
- Freshmart, Bala
- Post Office, Bala
Thank you very much for your support!